Cantcha, Inc., the makers of iMissal, have teamed up with the Daughters of St. Paul to develop a comprehensive daily Saint application.
Saint-a-Day is built using content from the extremely popular Saint-a-Day books from the Daughters of St. Paul through their publishing house, Pauline Books & Media.. The application is useful as a reference tool, for daily meditation and prayer, and as a spiritual companion. Saint-a-Day is also practical for teachers, homilists, and leaders who want to bring the lives and examples of the saints into their classrooms, homilies, and groups.
Application features include:
- Saint Biographies
- A biography for every day of the year!
- Quick navigation to today's saint biography.
- A full liturgical calendar, to quickly navigate to any saint biography of the year.
- A fully searchable, alphabetic listing of saint biographies.
- Each biography concludes with a short meditation for the day on what you can learn for your daily life from that saint.
- Biographies can be emailed to your friends and family to reflect upon.
- Prayers to Saints
- Prayers can be displayed alphabetically or by need category (e.g. addiction, sickness, financial struggles, etc.).
- Prayers can be emailed to others in need, or you can send a novena prayer to join someone in intercession for a special intention.
- Over 100 saint prayers
- You are not alone in your prayer! Prayer intentions can be e-mailed to a community of sisters, the Daughters of St. Paul, who will join you in prayer for your intention. You may even get a response from one of the sisters!
Want to know who is the patron saint for your need? Includes a fully searchable patronage listing which can be sorted by saint or patronage.
We feel this is the most comprehensive saint application available. Since knowing the saints is actually seeing the Gospel brought to life, Saint-a-Day allows you to reflect on the lives of the saints and imitate them in your own, to turn to them for intercession, make their virtues and gifts your own through prayer, and become a stronger member of the communion of saints by joining others in your prayer.
Now you can carry this information with you in your pocket, right where you need it. You can stop in the middle of the day and offer a prayer when someone shares with you a struggle or obstacle and promise them the prayers of a group of sisters for their intention. You can also use it for that quick moment of refreshment and prayer wherever you are able to fit it in!
Note: Font size can be adjusted for biography and prayer text by clicking on the information icon on top left of the Today screen.
View in iTunes
View in Google Play